It isn’t until we take a conscious moment to think that we realize how truly bizarre it is that we have allowed ourselves to get conditioned into thinking that the mammary secretion of another animal, so vastly different from us, and meant for its own baby should be consumed by us humans, and worse yet, into adulthood. The time is long overdue for us to wake up and grow up; cow milk is for baby cows and we are only working against our own health and weight by consuming it, not to mention destroying the environment, destroying wildlife, and torturing billions of cows in the process.
Here are some other facts for you to consider if you still require any kind of motivation to finally let go of this destructive habit.
- Conventional milk (including products made from it) is nothing more than a processed beverage, which is unnaturally defatted, pasteurized, contains pus, hormones, pesticides, GMOs, various toxins, and synthetic vitamins.
- Conventional yogurt is a highly processed food with chemically and genetically modified ingredients, refined sugars and/or artificial sweeteners, and not any kind of health food like its marketing campaigns try to make people believe.
- Cheese is the most health-destroying and addictive dairy food; highest in calories, saturated fat, cholesterol, sodium, and cancer-activating casein.
- All dairy is highly mucus-forming, allergenic, constipating, inflammatory, and increases the risk of high cholesterol, heart disease, diabetes, and cancer, in addition to other diseases and symptoms.
- Dairy does not prevent bone loss, nor does it create healthy bones. Healthy bones result from healthy movement and a nutrient-dense diet.
- The composition of cow milk is problematic and does not match our human requirements. Cow milk contains a ratio of 80 to 20 casein to whey, whereas human breast milk is 40 to 60 casein to whey. By ingesting this substance you are getting double the casein, which is related to many of the health problems mentioned above. There are also different types of casein, and cow’s milk is predominantly composed of the most problematic one (A1).
- Goat milk is no better than cow’s milk, aside from being slightly less allergenic, and in some cases it is worse.
Most people have no idea that the dairy industry is one of the cruelest industries on the planet.
When I personally think of the modern dairy industry, it hits especially hard for me as a woman, as I can empathize will females of other animal species. If anyone should be able to empathize and not support this industry, it should be us, as women. We, too, have the ability to lactate, be impregnated, and bear children. And I know that if we as women allow ourselves to look at what is going on today, there is no way in the world that we would wish or be able to support what is happening in the dairy industry on any other female being.
Whether you are a man or woman, may you find it in your heart to go beyond your tastebuds and social conditioning, and consider the beings whose life and wellbeing are at stake here. We can do better as a human race. We can do so much better. In case you are not ready to think of the “other”, and need a little more personal motivation, whether you want to lose weight, bring your cholesterol down, improve your immune health, clear up your skin, decrease your risk of heart disease, cancer, diabetes, and osteoporosis, it all comes down to the same conclusion: Remove the dairy.
For more information about this topic, here is a video from Erin Janus who explains the problems of the dairy industry in 5 minutes: