It isn’t until we take a conscious moment to think that we realize how truly bizarre it is that we have allowed ourselves to get conditioned into thinking that the mammary secretion of another animal, so vastly different from us, and meant for its own baby should be consumed by us humans, and worse yet, into adulthood. The time is long overdue for us to wake up and grow up; cow milk is for baby cows and we are only working against our own health and weight by consuming it, not to mention destroying the environment, destroying wildlife, and torturing billions of cows in the process.
Here are some other facts for you to consider, if you still require any kind of motivation to finally let go of this destructive habit.
- Conventional milk (including products made from it) is nothing more than a processed beverage, which is unnaturally defatted, pasteurized, contains pus, hormones, pesticides, GMOs, various toxins, and synthetic vitamins.
- Conventional yogurt is a highly processed food with chemically and genetically modified ingredients, refined sugars and/or artificial sweeteners, and not any kind of health food like its marketing campaigns try to make people believe.
- Cheese is the most health-destroying and addictive dairy food; highest in calories, saturated fat, cholesterol, sodium, and cancer-activating casein.
- All dairy is highly mucus-forming, allergenic, constipating, inflammatory, and increases the risk of high cholesterol, heart disease, diabetes, and cancer, in addition to other diseases and symptoms.
- Dairy does not prevent bone loss, nor does it create healthy bones. Healthy bones result from healthy movement and a nutrient-dense diet.
- The composition of cow milk is problematic and does not match our human requirements. Cow milk contains a ratio of 80 to 20 casein to whey, whereas human breast milk is 40 to 60 casein to whey. By ingesting this substance you are getting double the casein, which is related to many of the health problems mentioned above. There are also different types of casein, and cow’s milk is predominantly composed of the most problematic one (A1).
- Goat milk is no better than cow’s milk, aside from being slightly less allergenic, and in some cases it is worse.