EBTV presents host Evita Ochel with special guest Galen Pearl. Galen is a teacher and writer, blogger and author of the book (and blog) 10 Steps to Finding Your Happy Place (And Staying There).
Galen’s work focuses on a type of step program to help people develop habits to grow a joyful spirit. Major themes covered in her book, and as part of the 10 steps include: Compassion, Judgement, Forgiveness, Gratitude and Presence.
Specific topics covered in the video are as follows:
- Galen shares about her life and transformation that moved her from living in fear to happiness (2:10)
- What is happiness (5:40)
- Is happiness found or created (7:00)
- What does living in your happy place look like on a daily basis (10:15)
- The importance of exercising our power to choose happiness (12:00)
- Advice for parents on the importance of releasing their happiness from being dependent on their kids (13:50)
- How Galen has integrated happiness, acceptance and respect into her family dynamics (18:50)
- Understanding the choice of being happy or being “right” (25:40)
- Understanding happiness as unselfish and as a socially responsible act (32:40)
- Galen shares how the proceeds of her book are being used (38:00)
- Concluding statements (40:00)