Eric’s Article: The Single Best Parenting Strategy for any Situation
Topics covered in the video:
Eric shares about his work of peaceful parenting. (1:37)
- how having his son shaped his approach to parenting
- how peaceful parenting differs from conventional authoritarian parenting
- the importance of empathy
What it takes to be a good parent. (9:00)
- peaceful parenting as an attitude
- options for peaceful parenting
- practical approaches based on peaceful parenting
- the downside of reactivity and power struggles
How to balance learning from external sources with following internal instincts (16:40)
- coming back to loving instincts
- cultivating healthy emotional development in children
- how to parent consciously
- the many roles that parents can play in their child’s life
How parenting impacted Eric’s personal and spiritual development. (23:18)
- the importance of a parent’s state of being, rather than what they are doing
- what parents can do to be the best they can
How to not impose oneself on their child, and get caught up forcing on a child what the parent never had or thinks they should give their child. (27:50)
- how to balance setting expectations with trusting children to do the right thing
- the importance of focusing on what we want (solutions), rather than on what we don’t want (problems)
“I celebrate who my son is. I don’t try to mold him into something he isn’t. My likes and expectations and hopes for him are not the priority. Helping him to discover his own interests are. I don’t impose my wants and demands on him. Instead I listen, encourage, support and appreciate the person he is.” ~ Eric D. Greene
Advice about managing time to implement peaceful parenting by investing in oneself to be a good parent. (34:08)
- the importance of prioritizing
How to transcend some parenting fears. (38:08)
“The direction we are shifting towards is non-punitive, cooperative, peaceful, mindful, connected and gentle.” ~ Eric D. Greene
Eric’s experience as a male parent and advice to fathers for peaceful parenting. (43:23)
Eric’s resources for parents. (47:50)
Conscious Parenting featuring Dr. Gabriel Cousens.
Sexuality, Parenting & Emotions featuring Tom Campbell.
Approaching Veganism with Kids featuring Ruby Roth.
Family, School & Holiday Tips for Vegan Children featuring Ruby Roth.
How to Make Informed Choices About Vaccines featuring Evita Ochel.
Comments, Questions & Feedback
To share any comments, questions, or feedback, visit the YouTube video page.